Friday, January 28, 2011

Ray Bradbury Helps a Library

Ray Bradbury helps a library and really likes Bo Derek. He also hates the internet:

“Yahoo called me eight weeks ago,” he said, voice rising. “They wanted to put a book of mine on Yahoo! You know what I told them? ‘To hell with you. To hell with you and to hell with the Internet.’

Does he know he can look up pictures of Bo Derek on the internet? Someone should tell him.

Tangent aside, Mr. Bradbury has high praise for the library:

Fiscal threats to libraries deeply unnerve Mr. Bradbury, who spends as much time as he can talking to children in libraries and encouraging them to read.

“Libraries raised me,” Mr. Bradbury said. “I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries because most students don’t have any money. When I graduated from high school, it was during the Depression and we had no money. I couldn’t go to college, so I went to the library three days a week for 10 years.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment